Presented at the Summer Invitational Writing Institute at the Pennsylvania Writing and Literature Project, West Chester University. July 2015.
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Infographics as Creative Assessment, includes video and step-by-step instructions
- Accessing Stories through Infographics, a 2014 NCTE Annual Convention Session by Tracy Kincy, Shawn Quinlan, and Joshua Vest, Bentonville Public Schools
- 74 Infographics for Teachers / Librarians about reading, links to many great infographics!
- The 83 Best Infographics, as curated by CreativeBloq.com
- The Visual Communication Guy, for wonderful examples of engaging infographics as well as thoughts on design
- Daily Infographic, curates the web to present a thought-provoking infographic each day
- List of Infographic Tools
- Canva.com, an additional graphic design tool (I recommend Canva and Piktochart)
- 9 Composition Techniques to Improve your Photography from Digital Photography School (DPS – their whole site is great for beginners!)
- Basic Photography Composition and Techniques from LifeHacker
- Books I recommend: The Visual Toolbox by David DuChemin, Picture Perfect Practice by Roberto Valenzuela, and Craft & Vision website.
- Online workshops and e-learning available at Clickinmoms, In Beauty and Chaos, The Define School, The Photographer Within.
GRAPHIC NOVELS & COMICS
- “Show and Tell” from Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
- Graphic Novel Terms and Elements from ReadWriteThink
- Lesson Plan on teaching Persepolis from ReadWriteThink
- How to Draw Faces by Austin Kleon
- Drawing Cartoon Faces
- Draw Better than Stick Figures
- Stick Figure Quick Start Guide by Dave Gray
- Comicbookpaper.com and Printablepaper.net for storyboard templates
- 21 Free Storyboarding Online Tools for Teachers
- Storybird, image-based storytelling for reading and writing
- Storyboardthat.com, online tool for storyboarding
- Graphic Novels for Teens, a list from ALA
- Graphic Novels for Middle School, a Goodreads list
- Comics in Education